We're looking for the most incredible engineers to make our platform shine, and a Principal/Expert Unreal Engineer to lead this effort along with our Game Engineering Director.
Role: Together with our Game Engineering Director, you'll part own building out creative ideas to and through our actual launch. Namely, you'll provide full-stack engineering support and thought leadership to best engineering practices.
If you want to join one of Vietnam's fastest-growing gaming and blockchain technology startups that is set to innovate in the gaming industry, this could be the role for you.
📌 What are we building now?
We're building our very first game currently called "World of Sipheria" and expect to have unprecedented user activity upon launch.
The game currently has two Main playable experiences.
Dungeon Adventure Mode
Sipher Dungeon is the marriage of Path of Exile/Diablo + Hades boons system and Overwatch cheery aesthetics.
Players will team up with 2 friends, find a great combo of characters, skills and weapons and beat endless procedurally generated dungeons to acquire new items and weapons, level up weapons and characters to solve the mysteries of the world of Sipheria.
Battle Arena Mode
With planned gameplay mode for 3v3 Team DeathMatch, Capture the Flag, Domination etc that reinforce and build a deep end-game progression loop with the Dungeon mode.
Cross Platform Development
With the goal of reaching millions of players with our games, we plan to develop on Unity, enabling cross platform play for all our players, starting with PC with our dedicated game client and progressively release on Mobile. (Consoles TBD)
A good similar case study would be CCGs, Fortnite or Smash Legend which allowed cross platform play
Our philosophy is based on the premise of blockchain, decentralization and true ownership of in-game player owned assets. Therefore, all the games that we build shall be integrated tightly with distributed ledger technology.
YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- You have a passion for programming and optimizing games, and you enjoy exploring and mastering new development challenges
- Tackle industry-leading technical problems, driving both the vision for and the solutions to those challenges
- Work closely with leadership, artists, and developers from specification through production
- Reviewing and ensuring the technical quality of all major project milestones
- Be the expert in code-related questions and topics when it comes to the Unreal Engine and C++
- Use your extensive expertise in game development to ensure the product is fun and meets the highest standards of quality, performance, and polish
- Make recommendations on best practices for development in the Unreal Engine
- You understand the mindset of gamers which enables you to create and implement features that will further benefit the game
WE WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO HAVE:
- 10+ years of professional development experience in the game’s development
- At least 4+ years of experience creating real-time AAA 3D multiplayer games
- Have shipped at least 2 games using Unreal Engine
- You must have industry-leading Unreal Engine experience and proven C++ game-development skills
- Expert understanding of data structures, algorithms, complexity, and system design
- Strong game math fundamentals (vectors, matrices, physics, projections, camera space, tangent space, object space)
- Solid understanding of software design patterns
- Good working knowledge of source control, including best practices (branching/streams)
- A practice of code instrumentation, tools, and development KPIs
- Experience with building systems, continuous integration, and deployment
- A background working with asset management systems, asset bundles, and in particular downloadable content (DLC)
- Superb analytical and problem-solving and debugging skills.
- In-depth knowledge of full lifecycle game programming and related technologies
WORKING STYLE & BENEFITS 💟
- Competitive Salary and Employee Token Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, token options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Competitive salary. 13th-month salary + Bonus yearly depending on company performance quarterly
- Unique Growth & Performance evaluation every 6 months
- Full benefits and salary during probation
Work your way
- Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home, go to our flexible coworking space office in Hanoi or come to our new, shiny, Ho Chi Minh office the choice is yours
- Follow VN working hours and VN Holidays if you’re in Vietnam. Flexible if you’re remote
Holidays & Leave
- Paid Parental Leave: We celebrate our growing Sipher family!
- EOY and Birthday Leave: You can enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at EOY and a paid day off for your birthday
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. Sipher will also contribute between $1000 - $2000 annually for you to invest in your continued education
- Wellness Benefits: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. We will contribute $300 annually to put towards anything that contributes to your mental or physical wellbeing
Perks & Benefits
- Meal and parking allowance for on-site employees are covered by the company
- PVI Premium health care & accident insurance
- Gifts and allowances for Weddings, Babies, Women’s day, and Children's day etc.
- A fun & dynamic environment and freedom to be creative
Modern & fun office:
📍 Miss Aodai Building, District 1, Ho Chi Minh.
📍 Lancaster Building, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi.
📍 G8 Building, Hai Chau District, Da Nang.